Friday, November 20, 2009

We're gonna make it after all

When we lived in Germany, Maddie and I used to sing the Mary Tyler Moore theme walking down the street. I started singing it again this week. She's been out of school since Tuesday, but was only really sick for two days. But having your kid spike a fever that wouldn't be brought down by medicine the day after you visit a friend's child in the ICU unit is a little scarier than it normally would be. And as I am on day four of staying at home with a sick kid, my patience is stretched pretty thin.

Of course, both mother and husband are out of town this week. Thank goodness for my dad who could run errands for us in the evening. When I got Maddie's prescription, she felt so rotten that I just dropped of the order and Dad went to pick it up and brought it to the house. I feel so bad for those parents who don't have ANY support system and have to sit in Walgreens for half-an-hour or more with their sick, feverish kids just to get the medicine they need. Dad was also great with the smoothie delivery--which was just the ticket for a kid with strep.

This was going to be such a productive week for me. Husband gone, so no cooking and one less person to pick up after (amazing how clean our bathroom stays when only one of us is using it!). Daughter in school all week. Plenty of time to get house in order, lay out plans for Advent, get my office at church organized, eat healthily and exercise every day. Oh, well. Best laid plans.

Now there are just two days of school before Thanksgiving break. I think Maddie and her dad will be spending some quality time together over the break while I catch up on all the things I meant to get done this week!

Am ready to do some holiday cooking and baking with all the ingredients I need for whatever I want to prepare all available at my local grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment