Saturday, November 14, 2009

Back to Life, Back to Reality

Ahh, the back to real life and home where the counters haven't been wiped down or the floors vacuumed all week. I told my husband that the next time I'm gone, we'll have to have a refresher course in basic home care. I had to fix all the meals myself today and fresh, clean towels were not neatly folded up on a cart down the hall. Bummer.

My shoulder "injury" or whatever it is has reared it's ugly head again. I'm not ready for a chronic problem just yet. Surely such things would be decent enough to wait until after my 40th birthday. Wouldn't you think?

I need to get a little focused. Too many creative things to dive into right now. Advent planning. Holiday baking preparations. Something I'm writing that I'd really like to finish. A sewing project I want to try involving a pair of jeans my kid has outgrown. Finding a way to make a little extra money for the holidays. Some knitting--something about the cold weather always makes me want to start knitting again.

Plus there's all that non-creative stuff that has to be dealt with, too. Laundry. Church maintenance issues. Pledge drive. Food preparation. Re-tuning my guitar that has been tuned to open-G because I left my other guitar at Ferncliff and didn't want to drive back out there to get it today.

I just finished a video proposal for money from the Committee for Congregational Care and Development. I've got to get it approved by the session tomorrow at our meeting before sending it on, but any feedback would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment