Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Last Thing on This

Okay, I know everyone has beat the Obama school speech to death, but I did want to share a remark from my friend, Preston, who is a pastor and former soldier.

I am saying this first and foremost as a former soldier: Parents who sent the message that it is OK to not listen to the President, to not give him the benefit of the doubt as the leader of the free world, are sending a dangerous message to their children. A message that is unpatriotic at its core, That undermines the very notion of democracy. It is OK to disagree with our leaders but it is wrong to teach our children they don't have to listen to them, that they can simply turn him/her off because they "might" disagree. I would defend this principle under any President as it far trancends individual Presidents and has everything to do with teaching children to be responsible, informed and while holding the right to protest, respectful to our leaders.

On another subject entirely, my kid is really starting to rock her guitar. Look out Taylor Swift!

No comments:

Post a Comment