Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Are You Happy?



Happiness is a hot topic these days. There are many, many books out there on how to be happy and how to find happiness, but I came across this flow chart the other day, and I think it kind of captures the key to happiness.

I suppose this guide could break down with people who really don't know whether or not they want to be happy, but I think it's a good guide for most of us.


Of course, there are things we can't change. People, for example. We can't change other people. We can try, but of course, it's like trying to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig. For those times, I go beyond the flow chart and turn to Acceptance Therapy.

I'm practicing a little acceptance therapy myself as I try to recover from a stomach bug. But it's easier to be allow for recovery time when you have parents in town who help with your child.




Order from One Caring Place

No comments:

Post a Comment