Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Pledge for A New Year

I will remember that no lost hope and no jaded attitude can erase all the good that we do.

I will endeavor to embrace the size of my thighs.

I will spend less time worrying about how I look and more time focusing on how I make others feel.

I will challenge myself and others to make a difference in the lives of those who have the least.

I will spend less time channel surfing, but not feel guilty about watching television that really does make me feel good.

I will find a place to put my keys where I will always be able to find them. (this one is a stretch)

I will go see more movies in the theater.

I will throw out, give away or otherwise recycle about one-quarter of the stuff that is taking up room in my home.

I will pray and play more. Sometimes I might even do both at the same time.

I will continue to take seriously the call to share the word of God with those who enter the doors of the First Presbyterian Church of NLR, while never taking myself too seriously in the process.

All of these things I sincerely pledge for the year 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment