Friday, December 11, 2009

I Give!

Half the Christmas tree lights have gone out--for the second time. Maddie says not to worry about it. It looks unique. No one else has a Christmas tree like that. I'm going with her assessment.

I had to borrow my parents' vacuum cleaner because ours only makes noise now. It doesn't actually suck up anything. And people are coming to the house tomorrow and the floors have stuff on them that needs to be sucked up.

Spent two hours making cookies with Maddie for an open house we're having tomorrow where Maddie will be selling her own special design of earrings. I am plum wore out.

BUT the First Presbyterian Church of North Little Rock is planning to be back in the sanctuary for Christmas Eve after over an 18-month exile to the fellowship hall. Thanks to a very generous donor who has ordered us our very own working heating unit. You never know who might might turn out to be a Christmas angel. There is a lot of clean up to be done in a very large room that has been shut up for almost two years. We'll be busting out Bessie (our very powerful vacuum), the Murphy's Oil Soap and a case of Swiffer dusters.

I better come up with a really good Christmas Eve message. But then, can one really have a bad Christmas Eve message? I'll think about that more tomorrow. I'm headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment