Saturday, August 1, 2009

Post Camp Depression




So camp was really great--good kids, good counselors, good fun. Even with the rain, everyone just trouped along and didn't let it spoil the fun.

One of my favorite moments at camp was after vespers one night. Each night as we dismiss, everyone passes the peace. The first night, the kids are challenged to pass the peace to at least five people and each night the number increases. About mid-way through the week, everyone was in the swing of things and for some reason everyone kind of moved off to the sides and were moving in kind of a circle around the JMo tabernacle. Somehow, one kid found himself in the middle of the circle all alone and he just threw his hands up and shouted, "Would somebody peace of Christ me?!" I mean, come on. Haven't we all had days like that?

So after a week of doing what I'm good at, I come home to a disaster area of a house in dire need of organization and cleaning (two things I am really lousy at). To let you know where we are at this point in the game, Skip was opening up one of the boxes and pulling out books. "Where do you want me to put these?" he asked. I told him that I would love for him to put them in a bookshelf, if he could find space in one. He couldn't. I was hanging up to shirts in his closet and I had pry some other clothes apart just to squeeze them in his closet. And Maddie's stuff. Uggg. She has a closet full of clothes that she will only be able to wear on the weekends once school begins. And I can't even begin to imagine what we're going to do with all her toys and games. Yeah, I'm pretty much ready to head back to camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment