Saturday, July 10, 2010

Buy Something July

Now that we're back in buying mode (and considering re-imposing the ban), daughter has bought her first pair of vintage shoes. She got a good deal on them because the shop owner was having a difficult time finding someone with feet that small. They are great pair of black boots, circa 1960-something. People must have had smaller feet back then, because hers are little.

Her comment on vintage/re-sale clothing? "It's like hand-me-downs that you pay for." And we talked about how buying "gently worn" clothes makes for good stewardship as well as good fashion sense.

I am enjoying my upgraded I-pod. My workouts are better and longer. My house is cleaner. And I am generally more relaxed this week than I have been since the old one quit. When I start to get distressed by how dependent I am on an I-pod, I just put on my headphones and listen to the latest podcast of This American Life. I even sent them a donation when I realized what a calming effect the voice of Ira Glass has on me. I need to help keep them on the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment