Saturday, January 9, 2010

Woke up this morning craving an egg sandwich. When I was in college, Murrell's (somehow I don't thing that's the right spelling) was a 24-hour diner. It closed at the end of July of this year. Back in the day, you could get a fried egg sandwich at Murrell's for one dollar. An egg between two slices of toasted white bread with mayo and sliced pickles. Today's version was made on wheat toast and with light mayo, but it still tasted great. I offered one to my daughter, but she couldn't seem to grasp the wonder of it.

Perhaps I was longing for the days when I just lived in a trashed dorm room and didn't have a house to maintain. A house that I can't update or decorate because my husband and I can't agree on colors to paint or what should go where. So nothing is happening. I think I will just focus on painting and putting together my office at church where I can do whatever I want and am armed with a gift certificate from Paint Depot.

Maddie is all geared up to start selling Girl Scout cookies. Dieters beware. Maddie is coming to sell you some Thin Mints and Samoas. The good news is that the won't actually be here until later in February, so you still have time to meet those New Year's resolutions.

Great article in the DemGaz on our church today. I even liked the picture of me--which is a miracle in itself. Here is the link, but you may need an account with the paper in order to view it. We have had amazingly good fortune in the last few weeks. Makes me think that perhaps God is up to something and hope that I am up for whatever it is God is up to!

Art of Renewal

No comments:

Post a Comment